Highly functional resume templates enable you to draw attention to your expertise instead of your work history or past employment. The templates allow you to easily group up your relevant accomplishments and skills in an exclusive category.
While writing your resume you should make sure that you clearly write the crucial skills and also demonstrate how you can easily transfer them to the position that you are interested working on.
When To Make Use of The Highly Functional Resume Templates
There are several instances where you can make use of these highly functional resume templates. Some of the vital examples include:
- Career transition – If you are making a big career move into a relatively new industry you most likely do not have the necessary experience. To hide your lack of experience, it is vital that you highlight your significant and transferable skills.
- Employment gaps – Do you have any sort of employment gaps in your work history? Make sure you hide through the questionable gaps you have in your history using a highly functional resume template. As you make use of this amazing template, you will be directing the focus of your employer on what you can bring to the table.
- Recently graduated? – If you have recently graduated you perhaps do not have the needed experience. So, you should be writing about the skills that you have learned during your internship, extracurricular activities and other volunteer experiences.
What To Do While Writing A Highly Functional Resume
To make your functional resume stand out from the rest, you must keep the following aspects in mind.
- Use Bullets – Bullets are extremely effective specially when you have to convey high level information. For best results you should be using verbs as the first word in your bullet points.
- Additional White Space – Several people who are not much artistically focused tend to opt for visual effects. If you are not much creative in this regard, you need to make sure that your resume has a lot of white space. As a rule of thumb, you must ensure that the space is both between as well as within the sections.
- Make Your Resume Machine Readable – Technological advancements have made it possible for you to come up with machine readable resumes. The machines basically index the key terms in order to pick the right candidate for the right job. To boost your chances of being picked by the machine you should use the right keywords that are exclusive to your field.
This is what you should know about highly functional John Wright Resume Template with Sidebar. While you are customizing one you should be using a 10 or 12 point font. Moreover, it is recommended to use 1 inch margin on both sides. Good Luck!